Enroll in a plan
Enrollment in the UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (HMO) or UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plans, sponsored by the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS), will take place between 11/1/2021 and 11/30/2021. Call the numbers below for information regarding enrollment for the 2022 plan year:
- ASRS: 1-602-240-2000, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Arizona time, Monday through Wednesday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Arizona time, Thursday and Friday. TTY users, call 711.
- PSPRS: 1-602-255-5575, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Arizona, Monday through Friday. TTY users, call 711.
ASRS members may enroll online.
What are the differences between the plans?
Your group offers more than one plan option to choose from. To get an overview of each plan, review plan benefits and costs.
Required information for enrollment
You'll need to have your name and contact information handy.
You must enroll in the UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage (HMO) or UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plans between 11/1/2021 and 11/30/2021 or during your Initial Enrollment Period . Not enrolling during these times could result in you not receiving coverage for the plan year.
Who can enroll?
You can enroll in a plan if:
- You're currently enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B or are newly eligible for Medicare.
- You live in the service area of the plan.
What if the enrollment deadline has passed?
If the enrollment deadline has passed, you won't be able to enroll in a plan until the next enrollment period, unless you have a qualifying event.
It's important to enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B when you first become eligible, during the Initial Enrollment Period . Medicare Part B requires a monthly premium payment for coverage, which is determined by when you enroll. In most cases, premium rates increase by 10 percent for each full 12-month period that you could have had Part B, but were not enrolled.
What happens after I enroll?
After you submit your enrollment request form, here's what you can expect:
- We'll review your form and verify your eligibility.
- After you're verified, if you've enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, your application will be sent to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. Approval may take up to one week. Once CMS approves your enrollment, you'll be sent a confirmation letter and your plan member ID card.
- Soon after, you'll receive your Member Kit in the mail. It includes details about your specific health plan benefits.
- You can attend Open Enrollment meetings to learn more about your benefit options and get important updates. Contact ASRS at 1-602-240-2000, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday, or log onto www.azasrs.gov, for information regarding the Open Enrollment meetings.
- Watch for your Annual Notice of Changes, which is mailed to you every year you're a plan member. It describes your benefits, and any changes to them, for the next calendar year.
Need help or have questions?
For additional enrollment questions, call 1-844-876-6161, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. TTY users, call 711. Or, contact us.
2022 Open Enrollment Period