Enroll in a plan
Enrollment in the UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plan, sponsored by CalPERS, for the 2021 plan year, took place September 21 – October 16, 2020.
The initial enrollment signifies the retiree's intent to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan:
- Retiree can use member self-service to enroll in a CalPERS Medicare Advantage Plan, or
- CalPERS staff will enroll the retiree in a CalPERS Medicare Advantage Plan when he/she calls 1-888 CalPERS (or 1-888-225-7377), 8 a.m.–5 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.
Who can enroll?
You can enroll in a plan if:
- You're currently enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B or are newly eligible for Medicare.
- You live in the service area of the plan.
What if the enrollment deadline has passed?
If the enrollment deadline has passed, you won't be able to enroll in a plan until the next enrollment period, unless you qualify for a Special Election Period .
It's important to enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B when you first become eligible, during the Initial Enrollment Period under Social Security (if not actively working). Medicare Part B requires a monthly premium payment for coverage, which is determined by when you enroll. In most cases, premium rates increase by 10 percent for each full 12-month period that you could have had Part B, but were not enrolled.
What happens after I enroll?
After you submit your Personalized Change Form or make your election online, here's what you can expect:
- We will review your form and verify your eligibility
- After you're verified, your application will be sent to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. Approval may take up to one week.
- Once CMS approves your enrollment, you'll be sent a confirmation letter and your plan member ID card.
- Soon after, you'll receive your Member Kit in the mail. It includes details about your specific health plan benefits.
- Watch for your Annual Notice of Changes, which is mailed to you every year you're a plan member. It describes your benefits, and any changes to them, for the next calendar year
Need help or have questions?
For general questions prior to enrollment, call 1-888-867-5581, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time, 7 days a week. TTY users, call 711. Or, contact us.
2021 Open Enrollment Period
Began: September 21, 2020
Ended: October 16, 2020
Benefits effective January 1, 2021.