Your coverage & costs
As of January 1, 2021, UnitedHealthcare®is the administrator of the HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan. If you become eligible for Medicare during the year and are retired, please follow ERS’ instructions for enrolling in this plan.
Here's an overview of your plan benefits and costs, additional coverage and services.
HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan (PPO)
The following preventive services are covered under your plan with $0 copay when you visit your primary care physician:
- Annual wellness visit
- Breast cancer screening (mammogram)
- Cervical and vaginal cancer screening
- Colorectal cancer screenings (colonoscopy, fecal occult blood test, flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diabetes screening and monitoring
- Screening and counseling to reduce alcohol misuse
- Screening for depression in adults
- Screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and high intensity behavioral counseling to prevent STIs
- Intensive behavioral therapy to reduce cardiovascular disease risk
- Screening and counseling for obesity
- Vaccines, including flu shots, hepatitis B shots, pneumococcal shots
For information about these preventive services, please contact us.
Your HealthSelect Medicare Advantage Plan is a PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) plan. As a member of a PPO plan, you have a lot of flexibility in choosing a provider. You can choose from a network of contracted doctors and hospitals nationwide or you can use any doctor or hospital outside the network as long as they have not opted out of Medicare and agree to see you. And remember, for in-network or out-of-network services, your benefits are the same.
Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat UnitedHealthcare members, except in emergency situations.
|Benefits and costs||HealthSelectSM Medicare Advantage Plan (PPO)|
Annual out-of-pocket maximum
|$1,000 combined in-network and out-of-network per person|
Doctor's office and clinic visits
|Annual wellness visit||$0 copay|
|Urgent care||$0 copay|
Hospital services (inpatient)
|$0 copay per admit|
Hospital services (outpatient)
|Specialty benefits||Learn more about additional support and programs available at no additional cost to you once you are a HealthSelect MAPPO member.|
Health Select MA PPO Annual Wellness Visit Brochure (PDF)(865.1 KB)
ERS MA Vaccine Part B vs Part D (PDF)(427.4 KB)
Why Should I Register (PDF)(709.4 KB)
Get More With Renew Rewards (PDF)(3.4 MB)
Virtual Education Center
It’s all the information you need to help you understand and access your HealthSelect Medicare Advantage Plan benefits — in one place, at any time, from your favorite device. Let’s get started »