Enroll in a plan
The enrollment period for the UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage Core (PPO) and the UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage Plus (PPO) plan, sponsored by HP, was from October 12 – October 30, 2020. To enroll for coverage beginning January 1, 2021, visit the HP Benefits Center website.
What are the differences between the plans?
Your group offers more than one plan option to choose from. To get an overview of each plan, review plan benefits and costs.
You must enroll from October 12 – 30, 2020 or during your Initial Enrollment Period . Not enrolling during these times could result in you not receiving coverage for the plan year or having to a pay a higher monthly premium for your plan.
Who can enroll?
You can enroll in a plan if:
- You're currently enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B or are newly eligible for Medicare.
- You live in the service area of the plan.
What if the enrollment deadline has passed?
If the enrollment deadline has passed, you won't be able to enroll in a plan until the next enrollment period, unless you qualify for a Special Election Period . For more information, call the HP Benefits center at 1-800-890-3100.
It's important to enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B when you first become eligible, during the Initial Enrollment Period . Medicare Part B requires a monthly premium payment for coverage, which is determined by when you enroll. In most cases, premium rates increase by 10 percent for each full 12-month period that you could have had Part B, but were not enrolled.
What happens after I enroll?
After you submit your enrollment request, here's what you can expect:
- We'll verify your eligibility.
- After you're verified, your information will be sent to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. Approval may take up to one week.
- Once CMS approves your enrollment, you'll be sent a confirmation letter and your plan member ID card.
- Soon after, you'll receive your Member Kit in the mail. It includes details about your specific health plan benefits.
- Watch for your Annual Notice of Changes, which is mailed to you every year you're a plan member. It describes your benefits, and any changes to them, for the next calendar year.
Need help or have questions?
For general questions regarding the UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plans, call 1-877-456-7240, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., local time, Monday through Friday. TTY users, call 711. Or, contact us.