Enroll in a plan
Your enrollment in the HealthSelectsm Medicare Rx (PDP) plan is linked to your enrollment in an ERS health plan. ERS has specific rules that tell you when you can change or disenroll from your health plan. Please contact ERS for more information about enrolling or disenrolling in an ERS health plan.
UnitedHealthcare administers the HealthSelect Medicare Rx plan.
If you were enrolled in the HealthSelect Medicare Rx in January 2020, you are automatically enrolled for the new plan year.
If you do not want to enroll in this plan, you must follow ERS’ instructions for opting out of coverage. Instructions are included in your ERS Retiree Insurance Enrollment Statement. If you decline coverage for this plan, you will not have any prescription drug coverage through the Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP).
For more information, or to opt-out by phone, call ERS toll free at (866) 399-6908 or go online at ers.texas.gov.
What am I enrolled in?
You are enrolled in the HealthSelect Medicare Rx (PDP) plan. To learn more about your plan details, review plan benefits and costs.
What happens after enrollment?
If you are not opting out of your plan, your employer will send your enrollment information to us. After we receive it, here's what you can expect:
- We'll review your information and eligibility.
- After you're verified, your application will be sent to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. Approval may take up to one week.
- Once CMS approves your enrollment, you'll be sent a confirmation letter and your plan member ID card.
- Soon after, you'll receive your Member Kit in the mail. It includes details about your specific health plan benefits.
- You can attend ERS Fall Enrollment information sessions. You'll learn more about your benefit options and get important updates.
- Watch for your Annual Notice of Changes, which is mailed to you every year you're a plan member. It describes your benefits and any changes to benefits for the next calendar year.
Need help or have questions?
For additional questions about your enrollment or the opt-out process, call 1-877-275-4377 or 800-735-2989. TTY users, call 711. Or, contact us.