Enroll in a plan
If you were interested in enrolling in the UnitedHealthcare Retiree Advantage Plan, please call 1-844-481-8821, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. local time, 7 days per week during the next annual open enrollment period. This years open enrollment was from 11/11/2020 to 12/9/2020. TTY users, call 711.
Who is eligible to enroll in the plan?
You may enroll in the UnitedHealthcare Retiree Advantage Plan if:
- You may enroll in our Medicare Advantage plan and also remain enrolled in UnitedHealthcare FEHB plan
- You are enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare FEHBP active plan and have both Medicare Part A & Part B
- You are a United States citizen or are lawfully present in the United States
- You do NOT have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), with limited exceptions
- You complete an application for enrollment in the UnitedHealthcare Retiree Advantage Plan
What if the enrollment deadline has passed?
If the enrollment deadline has passed, and you have not yet enrolled in the FEHBRA active plan you won't be able to enroll in a plan until the next enrollment period, unless you qualify for a Special Election Period .If the enrollment deadline has passed and you are currently enrolled in a UnitedHealthcare FEHBRA Active plan, you may enroll in the Retiree Advantage Plan at any time.
It's important to enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B when you first become eligible, during the Initial Enrollment Period . Medicare Part B requires a monthly premium payment for coverage, which is determined by when you enroll. In most cases, premium rates increase by 10 percent for each full 12-month period that you could have had Part B, but were not enrolled.
What happens after enrollment?
After you submit your enrollment request form, here's what you can expect:
- We'll review your form and verify your eligibility
- After you're verified, your application will be sent to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. Approval may take up to one week.
- Once CMS approves your enrollment, you'll be sent a confirmation letter and your plan member ID card.
- Soon after, you'll receive your Member Kit in the mail. It includes details about your specific health plan benefits.
- Watch for your Annual Notice of Changes, which is mailed to you every year you're a plan member. It describes your benefits, and any changes to them, for the next calendar year
Need help or have questions?
For additional enrollment questions, call 1-844-481-8821, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. local time, 7 days per week. TTY users, call 711. Or, contact us.
2021 Open Enrollment Period