Enroll in a plan
You can enroll in the Medicare Advantage Core Plan (PPO) or the Medicare Advantage Comprehensive Plan (PPO), sponsored by Bank of America. Coverage will begin January 1, 2021.
Most retirees will be auto-enrolled in the plan that matches their current election, but will be able to change their plan election during the Annual Benefits Enrollment period by calling the Global HR Service Center at 800.556.6044, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. TTY users, call 711.
What are the differences between the plans?
Bank of America offers more than one plan option to choose from. To get an overview of each plan, review plan benefits and costs.
You must enroll in the Medicare Advantage Core Plan (PPO) or the Medicare Advantage Comprehensive Plan (PPO) during the Annual Benefits Enrollment period of October 26 – November 6, 2020 or during your Initial Enrollment Period .
Who can enroll?
You can enroll in a plan if:
- You're currently enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B or are newly eligible for Medicare.
- You live in the service area of the plan.
What if the enrollment deadline has passed?
If the enrollment deadline has passed, you won't be able to enroll in a plan until the next enrollment period, unless you qualify for a Special Election Period .
It's important to enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B when you first become eligible, during the Initial Enrollment Period . Medicare Part B requires a monthly premium payment for coverage, which is determined by when you enroll. In most cases, premium rates increase by 10 percent for each full 12-month period that you could have had Part B, but were not enrolled.
What happens after I enroll?
After you submit your enrollment request, here's what you can expect:
- We'll review your request and verify your eligibility.
- After you're verified, your application will be sent to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. Approval may take up to one week.
- Once CMS approves your enrollment, UHC will send you a confirmation letter and your plan member ID card. You will also receive an ID card from Silverscript for your prescription drug coverage.
- Soon after, you'll receive your Member Kit in the mail. It includes details about your specific health plan benefits.
- Watch for your Annual Notice of Changes, which is mailed to you every year you're a plan member. It describes your benefits, and any changes to them, for the next calendar year.
Need help or have questions?
For additional enrollment questions, call 1-866-460-8856, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. TTY users, call 711. Or, contact us.