Enroll in a plan
Open Enrollment was from October 15, 2020 - December 7, 2020
Those who were enrolled in the Teachers' Retirement System of the State of Kentucky (TRS) sponsored 2020 Medicare Eligible Health Plan (MEHP) were automatically enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plan for 2021. You don't need to fill out an enrollment form or take any further action. If you choose to terminate coverage, please contact your plan sponsor at 1-800-618-1687, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
What happens after your plan sponsor submits your enrollment to us?
Your plan sponsor will send your enrollment information to us. After we receive it, here's what you can expect:
- We'll review your information and eligibility.
- After you're verified, your application will be sent to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. Approval may take up to one week.
- Once CMS approves your enrollment, you'll be sent a confirmation letter and your plan member ID card.
- Soon after, you'll receive your UnitedHealthcare Member Kit in the mail. It includes details about your specific health plan benefits.
- Next fall, watch for your Annual Notice of Changes, which is mailed to you every year you're a plan member. The document describes your benefits, and any changes to them, from the current plan year to the next plan year.
Need help or have questions?
For questions about enrollment
Please contact TRS directly with any questions regarding the enrollment process toll-free at 1-800-618-1687 or local at 502-848-8500, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern, Monday through Friday.
For general questions about your plan
Please call 1-844-518-5877, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. TTY users, call 711. Or, contact us.