Enroll in a plan
If you are a Medicare-eligible retiree or dependent currently in the UFCW Health Insurance Plan for Retirees you do not need to take any action.
No changes have been made to the following benefits:
- Prescription drug coverage- Sav-Rx
Sav-Rx (800) 228-3108
- Vision services- GVS
- Dental service- UnitedHealthcare
If you do not wish to be enrolled into this plan, please contact the UFCW Benefits Office at 1-202-223-3111 x1207, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday by May 17, 2019. TTY users, please call 711.
Who can enroll?
You can enroll in a plan if:
- You're currently enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B or are newly eligible for Medicare.
- You live in the service area of the plan.
What if the enrollment deadline has passed?
If the enrollment deadline has passed, you won't be able to enroll unless you qualify for a Special Election Period.
An example of a Special Election Period is if you are enrolled in your spouse's plan and they retire, you would then be able to enroll in this plan at that time. Please call UFCW Benefits Office at 1-202-223-3111 x1207, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. TTY users, please call 711.
It's important to enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B before you enroll in this plan. Medicare Part B requires a monthly premium payment for coverage, which is determined by when you enroll. In most cases, premium rates increase by 10 percent for each full 12-month period that you could have had Part B, but were not enrolled unless you were covered by a credible plan.
When will materials be mailed? What will I receive?
- UnitedHealthcare Plan Guide
- UnitedHealthcare Confirmation of Enrollment Letter and ID card
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Plan Details
- Watch for your Annual Notice of Changes, which is mailed to you every year you're a plan member. It describes your benefits, and any changes to them, for the next calendar year.